Heat Shrink Wrapping for Oddly Shaped and Low Volume Cargo
Protect your products in cargo from any external damage, dirt and moisture (water) with heat shrink wrapping that doesn’t stick to your products.
Lightweight and Biodegradable Heat Shrink Packaging
We provide on-site heat shrink wrapping at your preferred location and also on board vessels for all types of cargo. Heat shrink packaging is a great solution when the product is oddly shaped or you are doing a low volume of any one size package.
In heat shrink wrapping, a polyethylene plastic sheet is custom manufactured which is then laid onto your cargo and shrinked using controlled flame to shrink to the shape of your cargo. The sheet does not stick to your cargo for any reason.
Applications of Heat Shrink Wrapping:
The result of heat shrink wrapping is a very tight wrap, conforming to the product shape so that your cargo is sealed properly for transport. Heat shrink packaging protects your cargo against any outside damage.
Process of Heat Shrink Wrap Packaging:
- The measurement of Cargo to be wrapped is taken first.
- Heat shrink wrap packaging film is cut according to the size needed.
- The film is covered on the cargo.
- Then the flame gun is used to heat up the foil.
- At the time of heating the flame gun to be kept 30 CMs away from foil.
- Once the heat is affected on film it starts shrinking.
- The shrinking of the area should not take more than 40 seconds.
Advantages of Heat Shrink Packaging:
- It is a light weight and cost effective packing solution compared to boxing a cargo.
- The packing material used is biodegradable.
- Packing can be done for any size of cargo regardless of its weight.
- Heat shrink packaging protects and groups products during shipment. The shrink wrap film is made of plastic and, when heated, it shrinks and conforms to the products’ shapes to protect them from dirt, moisture, and damage in transport.
- Heat shrink wrapping protects against weather damage, it can withstand difficult weather conditions.
- Heat shrink packaging will not move or chafe during transportation or storage.
- It can be applied without considering the size, shape or weight of a product. It goes well for almost all of the products and that’s the reason why it is one of the best choices for manufacturing companies.