A transparent stretch film embedded with vapour corrosion inhibitors to protect metals from rust and corrosion. The stretch film is impregnated with vapor and contact corrosion inhibitor formulation for ferrous and non-ferrous metals. Designed for long-term storage of ferrous and non-ferrous metals.
VCI is an additive that can be brought into most common packaging materials. Once exposed to air, the additive will dissolve into the air and dispose itself as a thin layer on metal surfaces. This layer blocks the access of humidity to the metal and the process of corrosion is prevented.
- The film is non-toxic and recommended for both ferrous and non-ferrous metals including steel, iron copper, brass, zinc, galvanized (zinc plated steel and iron).
- Additional moisture absorbers and de-humidifiers like silica gel and desiccant clays are added inside the packaging to attain relative humidity less than 40%.
- Scratch-resistance and transparent - allows easy inspection.
- Offers protection to a wide range of ferrous, non-ferrous and composite metals.
- Depending on the imperviousness of the pack, protection should last up to 24 months.