(Specialized Anti-corrosion Packing)
INTERCEPT was developed by Lucent Technologies and Bell Laboratories in 1984 and is patented worldwide. Highly surface area copper particles are permanently reacted into a plastic matrix and then allowed to react with all corrosive gases as they try to penetrate the film or bag. The technology was designed to protect all materials under all environmental conditions equally. The material is volatile and oil free.
Anti-corrosion protection up to 2 - 5 years guaranteed as per storage condition!
Intercept Technology is the new generation of corrosion prevention which provides an active protection for all materials. Intercept Products consist of special high surface area copper particles which are chemically fixed to the polymer-matrix of the product. Several protective functions are combined in one product.
- Neutralization of present corrosive gases and migrating gases
- Protection similar to a sacrificial “Anode” for electrochemical processes
- Natural function against Bio-corrosion of Metals. Intercept neutralizes corrosive gases which are present inside the package (approx. 60 minutes) and those gases which permeate through.
- These gases are permanently bound with the copper particles. All materials are equally protected – only one packaging material for all applications! Since there will not be any migration of particles, there cannot be any contact reaction between the goods and/or workers.
- Even minor perforations do not limit the performance of Intercept products.